  From: keyvan2r <keyvan@xxxxxxx>
  To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  Sent: Monday, December 30, 2002 12:08 AM
  Subject: [ukha_d] Viewsonic smart displays

  Hi
  I wonder if anyone has had a look at one of these:
  http://www.viewsonic.com/smartdisplays/

  I am toying with the idea of getting one of these or a tablet pc
  with a view to using it for some HA tasks and "normal" pc usage. My
  ultimate aim is use it as a multi-use controller for lighting, hi-fi
  and home theatre use with some kind(s) of custom built front-end
  with nice icons and control panels with a personal touch (logo or
  user/location detail) sort of thing!!!
  Anyway, I would be interested in your opinions of a comparason (with
  the HA goal in mind) as to which way is best: Smart Display Vs
  TabletPC. I know the tablets are more costly, but it may be worth
  the extra??!
  The 10.4" version sells for $999 and the 15" for $1299. They are
  offering a free $199 dock/stand. But it is probably one those valid
  in the US only deals.
  If anyone has been thinking getting one, I would be interested to
  hear from them (on or off list)as to whether there is any point in
  buying 2 or more (I don't think bulk-buy would work for this one!)
  but there may be savings in shipping or customs etc.

  Keyvan R