RE: Viewsonic smart displays

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Viewsonic smart displays
  • From: "Kenneth Watt" <kwatt@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 30 Dec 2002 00:52:22 -0000

> I wonder if anyone has had a look at one of these:
> http://www.viewsonic.com/smartdisplays/

Keyvan,

I say them some time ago and I'm interested but I'd wait till the
competition heats up a bit, according to Uncle Bill's vision there
should be a slew of them in the New Year, Stateside at least. Remember
also that there are things like Mira in the offing.

No-one's mentioned it yet here but if you look at the PC shelves in WH
Smith etc you will see a new magazine called "Tablet PC" IIRC which
leads me to believe that there is indeed going to be a lot of these
things around in the very near future. As well as a contact or two who
have mentioned that tablet PCs are seen as a new way to get PCs into the
living room which is the end game. ;)

It so happens that I should be in a very Fry's in San Jose at the end of
January which is the very heart of IT in the US, or so I'm told, so I am
going to be checking it out as well as all the other goodies whilst I'm
there. Unfortunately luggage limits are in place by most major airlines
;)

Needless to say my credit card is wincing already! The second last time
I was over I saw TiVo, guess what I bought within a week of a UK release
and if I thought it could be used in the UK at the time I would have
brought one back with me?

K.