IR Plugins for AutoM8it

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: IR Plugins for AutoM8it
  • From: "Dan" <dtoma@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 26 Feb 2003 10:21:11 +0200

Hi all,

If there is enough interest in the subject, I will further support IR
plugins development for AutoM8it, but  ONLY with basic IR support, not any
other (X10, applications, etc.), like in the current releases. This will
eliminate the possibility to use the same COM port for all of them, but
this
is it.

I want it that IRM to remain a small, handy and very cheap tool (both
hardware and software) to do many small jobs not
suitable for AutoM8it, especially from the web interface (no graphics). The
main IRM application can be used to learn IR commands and for local PC
control (basic monitoring functions).
The web interface (small CGI script) can be very useful if you have a home
web site (even HTTPS) and you
want to command any home equipment  (or to read status of different
devices,
including alarms) even from a WAP phone.
I still do not thing that this job is suitable for AutoM8it (it is a far to
powerful framework for those simple tasks).

I just wait for your opinions.

Thank you for your attention,
Dan

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx