KAT5 Architecture

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: KAT5 Architecture
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 12:35:19 +0000

So, let's say we have the following system :

TV with 3 SCART inputs. DVD cascaded via RGB to DigiBox which in turn goes
via RGB to TV.
2nd SCART accepts VCR (although not been used for over a year)
3rd SCART accepts the SVideo input from the Amp (which has several
sources, ie PC, GameCube, LaserDisc, blah)

Now we use use multidrop KAT5 units to send a signal around the house with
the lovely IR return (drools) - but does this mean to send all three
streams I've either got to convert everything to svideo and then get the
amp to switch (nasty) or can we switch at the KAT5 module level ? Maybe a
KAT5 transmitter with 3 scarts in ?

G.

Gareth Cook
Technical Consultant
IBM Early Deployment - Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office: +44 (0)1784 445166 - Mobile: +44 (0)7980 445166
AIM Chat : TheBoyG - MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx email: g@xxxxxxx