Re: Ethernet Guitar

> "They will be excited by the ability to set up a really nice broad
sound in
> live situations and use the knobs on your guitar to control the
lighting
> systems or other special effects in real-time,"

> Anyone for controlling the curtains by guitar?

> :-)

> Daniel

Actually, did something similar back in 1997. The first HA system I
ever put in was for a friend who was restoring a 17th Century cottage.

He was a former theatre lighting designer, and wanted LOTS of
channels, and faster response times than X10 could offer.

We flood-wired the house - a small three-bed, one reception room
affair with 192 channels of lighting wiring, and used a stack of MIDI
lighting controllers to control it.

MIDI, as in Musical Instrument Digital Interface, the old sound
control protocol.

In the fullness of time, this ended up with a custom web-server based
controller which used the old Soundblaster MIDI controller out of a
CGI-script.

However, in debugging, I did use a Synth :-)

Never used a MIDI guitar though :-(

Regards,

Mark