RE: [OT] Maplin Last Chance Offers :-(

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Maplin Last Chance Offers :-(
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 09:51:20 -0000

Its not the stores I'm particulary worried about. My nearest one is 22 miles
away and I used to order most of my stuff over the phone. The main point
being I would ring Maplin toady and get the stuff tomorrow by Royal Mail.
Now they dont even sell the stuff I used to buy.

As for "good business".... I used to spend about ?1500 per year with them.
In the last 2 years I have spent less than ?150 with them.

Oh yes.... I forgot.... in the last 18 months I have spent over ?6000 on
components which in the good old days would have gone to Maplin but like
many other true electronics enthusiasts I have transferred my business to
Rapid and Farnell.

Really good business plan I dont think!

Keith

www.diyha.co.uk