Re: OT: Backing up CDs/CloneCD

sheesh never had a problem with clone cd or nero.

Try loading the ProtCD.ccp profile in clonecd and trying that.

article on clonecd ...from 2001

another piece of software you could try is isobuster, which will
bypass windows to read the cd also in raw mode. So extract the whole
cd to an image file .bin or .iso and then use nero to write the image
to a new cd.

Also, your damaged cds maybe damaged as far as windows is concerned
but isobuster will still read the data that isnt damaged, real handy
for data cds of any work you store and damaged by accident, some of
the data may be accessible, where as windows will just not read it.

http://www.smart-projects.net/isobuster/

paul

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Paul Gale" <groups@s...> wrote:
> The latest version from the nero web site whatever that is.
>

> I have seen other software that's meant to copy any CD bit for bit
but
> can't remember any names (not much good am I) :-(
>

> You might want to search on one of the CD/DVD copying sites. Try
> afterdawn.com
>

> Paul.

just
> refuses to perform the copy. Out of interest, what version are you
> running?
>
> Mark.

<http://rd.yahoo.com/M=245454.2895241.4313951.2848452/D=egroupweb/S=17
05