Re: [OT] iPaq wont work wireless :-(

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: [OT] iPaq wont work wireless :-(
  • From: Doogie Brodie <ukhad@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 17:04:24 +0000

Apologies if you've got it sorted already, came back after a weekend
away to find loads of messages.... :)
Keith Doxey wrote:

> Tried a reset but that hasnt worked. How do you get an iPaq 3630 back to
> "blank"
> I did the power switch reset and it lost all programs and user information
> but the contacts were still there so it wasnt completely reset.

Soft reset - hit the momentary switch on the right hand bottom with the
stylus
Hard reset - open cover on left side, flick battery switch and leave for
a few seconds, then move back

Sounds like you did a hard reset, to loose all your other data... is it
definetly a 3630? My 3630 doesn't have the contact permenance option,
but I've seen a colleague's 38xx which does.... there's an option in the
settings which writes your contact data to an area of EPROM so that they
are in effect permanent, and will persist across hard reboots... I think
the setting is "Permanent PIM" in the settings control panel, or
something similar. Taking that off, then doing a hard reset would do a
complete clear down, but from a program requiring a hard reset to work,
the Permanent PIM stuff shouldn't make any difference.... :S

I've got a TDK BluePaq for my 3630 which works great for Bluetooth, but
the built in CF slot refuses to recognize any storage cards I put into
it.... bloody computers!

--
Doogie