RE: Quite Simply a BARGAIN :-)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Quite Simply a BARGAIN :-)
  • From: "Jason Lee" <jasonjlee@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 16 Feb 2003 12:40:05 -0000

Just to throw in my 2p's worth..

I was lucky enough to own 4 75xp's, all bought at the same time. Long
story short 2 died, and I returned the other 2. This was not long after
launch when they were the fastest drives around. The reviews were still
all positive at that time, with no one having any faults.

So I steered clear of IBM for a while.

When I was getting replacements, I went back to maxtor, which I've
always had a good experience with.
(Still have lots of maxtors of different gens and sizes in my spares
pile, which I'm not all that delicate with, right down to 2 gigs)

At the same time I was getting those drives to build a new machine, a
friend of mine got the then current gen IBM's (which I think were
gxp60??).

He's had them on with raid 0 (for video work) for what must be over a
year now with no problems.

A few other friends have used them in the last year as well, so I'd be
prepared to use an IBM drive again now.