RE: dect phones

I've got an older Philips Onis Vox system but then upgraded to the BT
Diverse 4000 range (4016 base I think - and several 4000 handsets). It's
made by Siemens. I also tried the Panasonic phones but thought the build
quality and aesthetics around the base of the handset was poor, so took
it back.

I think the BT 4000 phone is fantastic - loads of features that I don't
even get on my mobile (T68i). You can send the phonebook to different
handsets (doesn't automatically sync or use a central phonebook though -
the only one that I've seen that does is a B+O system). A few others
here also use these with an ISDN base unit that has PBX functions. I've
not got one (yet) as I'm eventually going to convert all my lines to
ISDN2e to get the features I want.

I'd definitely recommend the Diverse 4000!

Paul.