RE: Cbus/comfort/x10

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Cbus/comfort/x10
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Feb 2003 00:20:11 -0000

Hi Max,

            Couple o= f points ...

            Firstly = why not use one of Comforts outputs to drive a relay to
switch your heating ON and OFF =96 at least that way it is a confirmed On a= nd
OFF action =96 X10 (IMHO) is really not dependable enough for this sort of<= BR> important switching. Or you could use a Comfort relay board. If you do this=
you could use the same output to show the ON/OFF state with an led and you<= BR> could wire an ordinary switch into one of Comforts zone inputs to switch it= .

            Secondly= =96 if you must use an X10 module then you could use a
neon indicator on the output to show the status of the heating.

            Lastly = =96 yes you can work with virtual outputs on C-Bus so you
could set up something that watches one of C-Bus=92s groups and have a Neo = or
an ordinary switch reflect the correct state =96 and also send a command to=
Comfort to change the state =96 but to have this relayed out on X10 seems t= o
introduce a =91maybe=92 into the equation. Plus you will need to buy a swit= ch
and an RS232 interface plus the Comfort C-Bus UCM which adds up to some =A3= 500
roughly just to achieve this, seems like an expensive option. The more C-Bu= s
units you plan on purchasing the more the programming interface (RS232) cos= t
becomes spread. However having said that I, (or someone else with C-Bus), could pre program the switch for you and then you could do without the
RS232. This is one of the niceties of C-Bus in that you can either plonk units on the network and then configure them or you can pre configure and just pop the units in and they work =96

            Kevin