Tivo SCART control...

Anyone got any thoughts on adjusting the behaviour of Tivo's SCART control,
- it's a little bit too "aggressive" for my liking...

On my TV, with Tivo's SCART control turned on, It completely siezes the TV
and absolutely refuses to give it up no matter what.... The effect of this
is that I can never change the TV's selected input to another SCART input,
or to it's internal tuner - I can't even bring up the TV's menu system. The
only way I can make the TV display *anything* other than what Tivo is
putting out, is to put Tivo into standby, when it finally relinquishes
control.

This is causing me a problem, as I have a need to switch the TV to its
internal tuner in the morning... - Tivo records DS9 from 6AM-7AM every
morning, but SWMBO wants to watch BBC1 at the same time. The Sky digibox is
the ony programme source currently, so I thought I'd connect an aerial to
the TV and let her watch BBC1 using the TV's tuner, thus not affecting
Tivo's recording... (better WAF).

Of course, I can't get the TV to switch to its own tuner, whilst Tivo is on,
and SCART control is enabled....

If I turn Tivo's scart conrtol off, that has some other unwanted effects,
such as the Tivo button on the remote can no longer be guaranteed to work as
intended, - if the TV is switched to it's on tuner, it won't switch to the
Tivo SCART socket automatically...

At the moment, it looks like I have 2 choices:...

Leave SCART control ON, and force SWMBO to turn Tivo to standby so as to be
able to change channels...

Turn SCART control off, and force SWMVO to remember to manually select the
Tivo SCART input before being able to use Tivo...

either option forces SWMBO to have to remember to press extra buttons, and
to alter the way she is now used to making it work - neither will be
popular...

I plan to automate whichever option I go for, so the Ocelot will send the IR
to each device, but that might take me a couple of days to go & learn all
the commands etc.. I was hoping to sort something out today...

Is there any way to make Tivo's SCART control behave a bit more like a
VCR's?? - IE sieze the TV when it really needs to, - ie. when displaying a
menu, or when playing back video, but not to actively sieze it at other
times, so I can manually change the TV channel away from Tivo, should I need
to?....

Sorry for the long ramble!

Paul G.