Re: [OT] BT suck! POP3 mailbox question

On Tue, 4 Feb 2003 17:47:11 -0000, you wrote:

>Still got a domain hosted by BT - soon to be moved - yipeee!  (BT<= BR> >support are so c**p!)

True!  If I wasn't so lazy I'd move as well :)

>So many problems - the latest is my pop3 mailbox reports being locked >(by another process I presume).
>
>Is there any way to force it to release or should it eventually time ou= t
>- or is it potentially a problem with their servers? Of course, Support=
>were unreachable and now they've gone home.

You've probably figured it out by now, but it's a BT "security" t= hing
and will time out eventually.  You can only have one connection to you= r
mailbox at a time and if your connection drops it can sometimes leave it locked, especially if you use the web interface for access.

David P.

--
David_Paterson =3D david.paterson@xxxxxxx =A6 david.paterson@vissci.= com;

Senior programmer         There are= three kinds of people in the world -
Visual Sciences Ltd.        those who ca= n count, and those who can't...