How much light does a monitor produce?

I'm writing to you from a room only lit by the LEDs on the front of
my server, and, more importantly, the monitor.

It's noticeable that, when the monitor's showing a predominantly
white page, such as the UKHA_D Yahoo screens, then I can clearly read
the keyboard by the light of the monitor.

However, when I'm at a predominantly dark page, such as the O2hoster
webmail logon screen, I can't read the keyboard.

And before anyone comments, yes I _can_ touch-type, but I can't
remember where things like the =A3 sign are :-o

So, to turn to the question, how much light does a monitor actually
produce?

Answers quoting the output of, say a 60 watt traditional light bulb
in the same scale for comparison purposes will be given bonus
credit :-)

Regards,

Mark