RE: Pronto opinions

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Pronto opinions
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 15:57:10 -0000

> Can you give us any updates on the RU950 Phil?
> http://www.automatedhome.co.uk/article.php3?story_id=1026
> ETA and Estimated price?

I spoke with Philips on Wednesday on a different matter but the launch of
the RU950 has now been put back to end of March this year (but don't be
suprised if it slips further as they had been telling us that they were
trying to go for a January launch).

Philips are estimating that the price of the RU950 will be about ?299 so
expect to see a street price of about ?250 upwards - however dealer pricing
has not yet been decided so until then we won't know what our final pricing
will be, ?250 is my best-guesstimate.

The RU970 looks set to continue as is for the foreseeable future.

The iPronto hasn't even got a European launch date as they seem to be trying
to guage the US response first but both I and Mike have already put our dibs
on one with Philips but I don't know whether we'll ever get them...

Phil