RE: Lighting

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Lighting
  • From: "Kevin Hawkins" <lists@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 1 Feb 2003 14:23:43 -0000

Umar,

            Frank ad= dressed just about everything =96 on the things he
deferred..

            The ener= gy saving lamps should be connected via relay outputs
rather than to dimmers . Effectively C-Bus controls two types of load =96 lamps (via dimmers) or any ON/OFF load via relay modules. For your table lamps you could wire them through the small 2A/3A sockets and have them
either switched via relay modules for ON/OFF or connected to a dimmer
channel =96 you shouldn=92t of course leave them wired to a 13A socket that= was
controlled from C-Bus. If low voltage lighting is to be controlled via
dimmers then the transformers must be compatible with C-Bus=92 leading edge=
dimmer operation.

            Two bank= s of consumer units are very typical =96 the type of
consumer unit isn=92t really an issue as the modules are just DIN mount =96=
however it needs to be large enough to hold all you need . Clipsal offer dome nice wide ones. Really you are not using so much a consumer unit as a<= BR> mounting box for the DIN modules =96 however depending on how you organise<= BR> your isolation / fusing / mcb=92s you might want it all in one box.

            As Frank= said the connection to the C-Bus is via RS232 or
Ethernet depending on which you buy. The module sits on C-Bus and as such doesn=92t have to be in the consumer box although it is a DIN mount unit = =96 you
could run C-Bus to your PC and then keep the module behind it if that was easier.

            CAT5 is = a communications cable primarily =96 I wouldn=92t switch
loads with it although I=92m not sure that is what you meant =96 any ON/OFF= load
can be controlled by C-Bus via the relay modules =96 these could be wired t= o
door strikes if that was what you wanted.

            Kevin