Re: UK Lighting control systems - prices?

Thanks for the info Rob, once I've got my lighting plans finalised
I'll be able to fill in the blanks and take a look. The C-Bus system
sounds a lot closer to what I'm looking for - you earlier post
mentioned the other features which are similar to my own company's
products but may well turn out cheaper.

Neil.

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@t...> = wrote:
> Hi Neil
>
> I can only answer your question from a C-bus angle:
>
> It is simple to install, star wire your loads to the consumer
unit, star
> or daisy (Or both) your CAT-5 control circuit to the consumer
unit.

> Programming is a once only affair, their should not be a need to
> reprogram unless you change your mind. You can save your
programming
> install to file or disk in case you ever need to re-install from
> scratch.
>
> Web, PC or touch screen control is possible from C-bus solutions
such as
> C-gate or HomeGate. If you want FULL ON building management then
there
> is C-lution which is the mother of applications and will interface with
> other hardware solutions for TOTAL building and energy management.
>
> C-bus is stand alone and does not need a dedicated controller.
>
> As far as per circuit costs, well that's difficult without knowing the
> size and type of loads. i.e 1amp, 2amp, resistive, low voltage,
DSI.

> If you need more let me know.
>
> Many thanks

> Rob Mouser
> rmouser@xxxxxxx > rob@xxxxxxx >

PC)
> > to allow access from a broswer. Just for completeness it
integrates
> > at network level with the heating controls I will be using for full
> > zone control of my underfloor heating package.
> >
> > Anyway before I end up turning this into a sales pitch, I guess <= BR> that
> > the per-circuit cost will be no more than =A3160 depending on the=
> > dimmer panel size and the switch plates will be =A3100+ (in
Wandsworth
> > flat metal finishes) with looks that SWMBO thinks are really nice=
> > (cool blue LED's behind the buttons). Functionally it is very
> > different to X10 control, but if X10 is significantly cheaper then
> > that may influence my decision somewhat.
> >
> > Can anyone help?
> >
> > Neil.
> >

> > http://www.automatedho= me.co.uk
> > List of UKHA Groups here -