RE: Lighting (NOW C-bus)

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Lighting (NOW C-bus)
  • From: "Rob Mouser" <rmouser@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 12:15:55 -0000

OK you've got too many options and variables to go into, but some
examples:

Yes C-bus can do automated lighting. You have some choices;=20

- Use the c-bus PIR's, there are in-door and outdoor versions. They work
off the standard CAT-5 c-bus circuit. They have a ceiling (or wall)
recessed unit that has a 360 field of detection that is VERY accurate,
it is small and discrete. I've seen one install of this unit (In Jamie
Olivers production offices in London.) where they were inserted into the
wall up the stairs causing the lights to come on as you went up, V.nice!
As they are part of the c-bus system reaction times are pretty much
instant. There are plans to release new units with light and temperature
sensors built in too!

- Use standard PIR's connected to Comfort and use the C-bus UCM to
trigger C-bus events from Comfort or visa versa. Works well but reaction
times are slower.

- NOW FOR THE REALLY GOOD BIT! In Feb this year Clipsal release
something called a 'General Input Module'. The unit is an input device
that will measure digital, voltage, current loop and thermistor inputs
and generate messages to c-bus. So.......you can interface ANY 3rd party
light level sensor, power sensor, CO2 and fire detector, flow rate,
moisture probes!!! You get four inputs per module.

Did I mention that with the new IR output module you can initiate stored
IR commands via c-bus too!=20

The only restriction to C-bus is your wallet!=20

Many thanks
=20
Rob Mouser
rmouser@xxxxxxx