RE: Lighting

Hi All

Be careful here, Aus prices are lower than UK! You also have to take
into account switching costs, here's a real example:

Current UK **TRADE** for an 8ch (1amp per channel.) dimmer is:

=A3300 + VAT.

So that=92s =A337.50 per channel.

I believe a LD-11 is around =A325-=A330.

Remember though that you will need dedicated switching for C-bus. Prices
start at around =A345 for a 1ch switch, =A354 for a 4ch switch. Or go for
the 'Neo' or new 'reflection' range for beautiful switching options!

So lets take a 8ch, 5 switch scenario:

C-bus:
1 x 8ch Dimmer =3D =A3300.00
5 x 4ch E2000 Switch =3D =A3270.00
Total: =A3570.00

1 x 5 pack =3D =A3120.00
3 x 3 singles =3D =A389.34
5 x Clipsal 4gang blanks =3D =A37.50
20 x Clipsal Momentary Switches =3D =A340.00
Total: =A3264.34

***X-10 prices taken from Lets Automate web site.

OTHER CONSIDERATIONS:

C-bus has a hugely greater level of flexibility for programming than
X-10.
e.g. You decide that button 4 on your c-bus switch in the kitchen is
going to turn off the outside light, it currently switches on the
kitchen halogen.
How would you achieve this in the above set up? In c-bus you plug in
your RS232 cable, open the software make about 5 mouse clicks, save the
changes, job done. Oh and that switch can do multiple things; on/off,
dimm/bright, Bell push, timer, basic scene, control 1 or many
loads/zones.......
The software is free for C-bus (But you need to buy a RS232 interface.)
C-bus switching is 100% reliable.

HTH...

Many thanks
=20
Rob Mouser
rmouser@xxxxxxx
rob@xxxxxxx
=20

dimmer
(1A
> > each) cost me approx $750.00 (+ vat) were 8 ld11,s would have
cost
me
http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/