RE: PR511 mounting options

Sorry Kwong, but I can't agree...

I never meant to imply that the rip off is by you guys, - I have no doubt
that you sell these at your standard "cost plus X percent..."
margin, I am
referring to the ever-present US->UK rip off...

and I think the lack of a picture, - meaning that I have absolutely *no
idea* just what exactly I am shelling out for, really doesn't mean that
everything is peachy...

It would have to be a "pretty bloody impressive" piece of plastic
to make it
worth £14, and without a picture, I can't make that determination, hence
the
obvious reluctance to buy....

When you consider that square plastic boxes can be had from 49p in the DIY
sheds, square metal boxes can be had for 99p, and the following:

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat/pro.jsp?ts=01118&id=12679

Which is reasonably close to what I need, costs a trifling 60p

Then I'm afraid that any exclamations of heavy grade or shipping costs,
just
don't cut it with me, - there are plenty of things shipped from the US into
the UK that don't suddenly jump from being around a pound-or-two's worth of
product to a whopping £14. - We're used to the $-£ conversion rip-off which
is pretty much commonplace, and that's bad enough...

Perhaps it is because it "fits the PR511 perfectly" that is
telling... is
the product a custom-made item *specifically* for the PR511? or is it an
off-the-shelf part in the U.S. that is a "standard" electrical
acessory that
just happens to fit the "standard" base fitting on the PR511?

At the end of the day, it is the customer who must be the arbiter of what
is
and is not a rip-off, (that is market forces at work), and I have decided
that £14 for a piece of plastic that would appear to be very similar to
other products that cost under a pound is not a reasonable way for me to
dispose of of my hard-earned, and someone, somwhere along the line must be
profiteering by exploiting the fact that the exact item required isn't
readily available here...

I hope you guys don't take offence at that, there is certainly none
intended
:-), but that is the way it is unfortunately...

Paul G.

>And what make you think you are being blatantly ripped off? You have no
>information, description or a photo of the product to judge as far as I
>can tell. These backboxes are made of heavy grade plastic, fits the
PR511