RE: New Rio software ... was Slimp3 vs Audiotron...

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: New Rio software ... was Slimp3 vs Audiotron...
  • From: "Paul Gale" <groups@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 31 Jan 2003 08:34:02 -0000

I tested out JReceiver which was OK but scanning tracks was VERY slow on my
server (1 song per second or so). I also don't have (or need) hardware such
as the RIO as I play everything on the server and output through a
multi-zone amp. Does anyone know if it's possible to remotely select
tracks/playlists as before but send them to the server (where MySQL and
JReceiver are installed) for playback by WinAmp, rather than having the
playlist sent to the remote browser?

Paul.