RE: PR511 mounting options

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: PR511 mounting options
  • From: "Dean Smith" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 17:10:49 -0000

I ended up cutting a disc out of 1" thick wood the same size as the PR11,
then cut a hole in the middle for the wiring and a small area out of the
disc for cable/trunking entry. Stained the disc the same as the rest of the
house woodwork (i.e. dark brown). Screwed through all four holes in the
PR511 base through the disc into the wall. Brown Sealant between wall and
wood, and used the normal gasket between wood and PR511.

In practice you'dont notice that the PR511 base is actually now an inch or
so thick. Dark wood against dark red brick so it doesn't stand out at all.
If it was light coloured render then I think it would have been a different
story altogether.

Dean