Re: Was RE: Kinda OT: DV editing - where to start NOW (Baby gadgets)

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Was RE: Kinda OT: DV editing - where to start NOW (Baby gadgets)
  • From: "peter_ahl <news@xxxxxxx>" <news@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 30 Jan 2003 14:30:46 -0000

On this topic, could anyone recommend
A) a wireless system (Philips SBCSC475 any good??) with no
interference with WiFi, or alternativly
B) a wired system (with or without video over CAT5 or Coax)

Regards,
Peter

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "James,Daniel" <Daniel.James@E...> wrote:
> Hi Justin
>
> >Congrats!
>
> Thanks, it's been a roller coaster ride so far, so can only get
worse :-)

> >P.S Sorry to the 99.9% of the list that aren't expecting but...
>
> I know but it has either happened to them already, or will in the
future..

> >Baby tips from the "I wish I had known that" collection:
>
> Perhaps we need to make a list :-)
>
> >Test out your baby monitor thoroughly _before_ baby arrives. Even try
> >sleeping with it on for one night. We have gone through three of them
> before
> >finding one that didn't suffer from terrible interference (still
not great
> >though). As you will discover sleep becomes more precious than ever and
> >trying to get some with a horrible humming/ticking + random weird
noise, as
> >well as a baby, is not easy!
>
> Dare I ask which one you are now using, - I had thought about
rolling my own
> (the "nursery" - read my ex office, has loads of CAT5 in it - and I will
> soon have audio in most rooms, - seems a shame to add in little
boxes... (oh
> and I happen to have all my audio kit from when I used to do Theatre
sound /
> PA) - so I may just put a Radio mike in the nursery and use that
into the
> HiFi
>
> >Baby baths are crap. Bought a contoured foam thing for the 'proper'
bath -
> >much easier.
>
> Ok - I'm convinced, but SWMBO isn't (yet) (in fairness she has
arthritis and
> bending down is problematic)
>
> >Electric bottle warmers are crap. Take waaay to long to warm up
when you
> >have a screaming baby. Although it is advised against - approx 15
secs in a
> >Microwave works a treat.
>
> Phew - SWMBO agrees with this, - that's one less baby gadget to buy..
>
> So does anyone have any must haves to go with the baby?
>
> Regards
>
> Daniel

> This e-mail has been scanned for viruses by the WorldCom Internet
Managed Scanning Service - powered by MessageLabs. For further
information visit http://www.worldcom.com

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor
HGTV Dream Home Giveaway