OT(ish) - spec for new server

I have just sent off my server for an insurance claim (the raid card
appears to have been damaged in a recent storm, but they will almost
ccertainly write off the whole thing) so I will need to put together
a new one.

I am expecting to have somewhere in the region of =A31500 ex vat to
play with (but could donate a little more myself) but I am quite out
of touch with the current technology trends.

The intention is to use the server as a media server, but NOT as my
main file/e-mail/web server. I want to rip dvds to the hard disk and
play them from there.

I will almost certainly run XP Pro or W2K Server on it as I want to
access it remotely using remote desktop/terminal services. However, I
*could* be convinved to go down the Linux route if it really makes
more sense for this type of application.

I want to have raid-5 with probably 6 large disks (minimum 120Gb
each), hot swap caddies for all disks, fast processor(s) and DVD rom
for ripping DVDs, possibly a DVD-RW for achiving off movies and for
general back up. I have no requirement for a monitor, floppy disk, cd-
rom or parallel port. It will not be connected to HA systems
(Homevision/Comfort etc) and so doesn't require much in the way of
serial ports.

What I'm looking for is recommendations on the following:
- case with 8 5.25" bays to take the caddies and dvd rom and rw drives=
- motherboard capable of taking todays (and tomorrows) fastest
processors (not sure about dual and not sure about AMD/Intel)
- processors(s)
- psu capable of powering 8 drives and fast processors
- graphics and sound cards for play back of movies to remote
TV/Projector and AV amp. This *must* give s-video quality pictues and
5.1 digital sound.

I am happy to wait for a few weeks before ordering to take advantage
of any expected price drops (for example Intel processors are due to
drop next month) but I am hoping to get the system built before the
end of April.

Any suggestions?

Graham