RE: Re: Kinda OT: DV editing - where to start

>When it comes to video editing I am still looking around but if you >want to do anything in real time you will need a high spec machine
>and a dedicated editing software like Adobe Pinnacle (i think that is <= BR> >the right name) and a supported Firewire card, i am considering the >Matrox RT.10 bundle at about =A3500

Adobe Premiere - Very very good, but also very very expensive
Pinancle Studio - Normally bundled with a fire wire card total ~ =A370, man= y
more features than an average user will ever need in my opinion

The main thing for editing you need is a big HDD (about 4Gb will do you
20min which is max. size you can have for an avi file). When rendering it i= s
very processor intensive that said I have been quite happy with my PIII 900=
with 256Mb RAM and a 10Gb disk so the spec. doesn't need to be that high.
The main joy of editing is that 30 min. of footage gets down to 5 minutes o= f
interesting stuff !!! Oh and if you really fancy it you could render your videos as MPEG2 and record them onto your TiVo for total viewing convenienc= e
:)

Mark

Yahoo! Groups Spons= or
3D""