Re: Fw: Comfort LCD

> I have been thinking about a similar solution could be achieved to
> control Comfort, Barix Exstreamers, CBUS Lighting and an Elan whole
> house audio amplifier (the Elan system has RS232 control from PC
and
> supply an application for that purpose ).

[snip]

> My ideal would be that the server run actual menu screens rather
than
> be web browser based, but this is where the plan falls apart due to
> the fact that the software for this isn't out there. And as Paul
Gale
> suggests those people with the expertise to do this kind of thing
> have more than enough proper paying work to take up their time.

[Snip]

> P.S. Could this be acheived by bolting together xAP modules??

Yes, xAP could glue this all together relatively easily; many of the
bits you need are available or in advanced development. You will
either have to develop, or find someone to develop on your behalf,
the missing bits -- but this will be considerably cheaper than
starting from scratch. If you were to outsource an entire project of
this complexity, it would cost serious money -- and there is also a
real risk that it would never be finished to your intended
specification/function reliably.

Patrick

Patrick

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor