Re: Hello there

On Sun, 2003-01-26 at 18:54, adamiec2000  wrote:
> Hello, my name is Max Barker. I've been reading the list for twelve
> months, having discovered it via the excellant AutomatedhomeUK
> website.

Long time listener, first time caller :-)

> I will (hopefully) be soon moving to a new home, which will allow me
> to introduce a degree of automation.

Welcome to the dark side, please leave your credit card at the door.

> The first jobs to be done in my new home will be to install Comfort
> and gas central heating. The Comfort install should be a doddle, just
> replace the old alarm and run a few extra wires. The GCH will be
> fitted by a gas engineer.
>
> I've read up on Mark McCall's Homevision/heating intergration and
> Keith Doxey's timeswitch replacement (these two websites fueled my
> enthusiasum enormously), and I'm looking for anybodies
> advice/ideas/experience with automating a combi boiler, preferably
> via Comfort (I like the idea of switching the heating on/off over the
> phone).
>
> I currently have zero experience with the fuctionality and control of
> combi boilers, but a nice simple solution like Keiths would be ideal.

Well, I'm sorry I can't offer you any specific advice, but it looks like
you have all the bases covered. I don't think there is anything more
specific than Keiths guide, However, I would get Comfort in, then go for
the boiler conversion, rather than doing it all in 1 job.

Just keep your email client handy :-)

--
Stuart Grimshaw <stuart@xxxxxxx>

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor