-----Original Message-----
From: Anthony Livingstone [mailto:anto@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 25 January 2003 13:21
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [RANT] City Link

I have a similar problem with Index and their local distributor Famac.

I'm letting a spare room so ordered a large wardrobe on 4th January.
The Index web site shows a 10 day delivery for Northern Ireland so I
organised some time off around the expected delivery date to decorate
the room and take delivery.

The 14th came and went so I rang Index - their system showed it left
their warehouse on the 6th Jan.
I was told I should wait another week or two as Famac can take 21 days
to deliver - that's not what it said on their web site!

Yesterday I called to chase this up.
I got a dispatch reference number from Index and a phone number to chase
the matter up with Famac.
Famac no nothing about my delivery and say they haven't got it - I
should contact Index.

Index now say this happens regularly with Famac.
It won't show up on Famac's system until it arrives in their local
distribution depot in Northern Ireland.
Index have no way of tracing it between it leaving their warehouse and
arriving at the Famac warehouse - and this may take up to 28 days!
Index say there is nothing they can do until 4 weeks after it has left
their warehouse - then they will investigate and eventually refund my
purchase.

I can't buy another wardrobe now as the one on order may still arrive.
Index won't refund my payment until after the investigation - probably a
couple of weeks from now.
I've had to tell the guy who was going to rent the room that it's not
ready and he has gone else where so I'm loosing money every week.
It looks like this won't be sorted until at least a month after I
expected the wardrobe delivered - that's a months rent lost!
And I'll have to take more time off work if / when the wardrobe ever
arrives - this costs me more money as I'm a contractor and paid hourly.

What I'm annoyed about is :
+ It states on the Index web site 10 days delivery to Northern Ireland.
+ The first time I call I'm told it regularly takes Famac 21 days for
delivery.
+ The next time I call I'm told that Famac regularly have problems and
it can take 28 days for delivery.
Index are obviously aware of serious problems using Famac for delivery
to Northern Ireland yet don't mention this on their site.

Strongly worded letter of complaint going to Index and I'm never buying
>from
Rant over.

Anthony.

Yahoo! Groups Sponsor