RE: IPAQ 3870

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: IPAQ 3870
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 25 Jan 2003 11:44:14 -0000

Hi Brian,

I have the serial interface type. I preferred this to the CF or PCMCIA as it
does not require extra cost for the back pack. Saying that, I do use a duff
PCMCIA back permanently fitted to the car to drop the Ipaq into. It still
gets power via the GPS connector plugged into the bottom.

The CF type is great if you want it to be portable too, but it does not work
as well in the car unless it is far forward near the front windscreen,
otherwise it only receive signals from ahead and not the rear so well. I use
an external active antenna on mine. The Super Mouse from Holux is fully
integrated and magnet so you just plug it in, stick it to the room and off
you go.

I leave mine on all the time so that it is always ready to go when I get in
the car and plug it into the Ipaq. Uses so little power it does not affect
the battery.

Regards
Dave...