Fw: Fw: Comfort plugin

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Fw: Fw: Comfort plugin
  • From: Gareth Cook <g@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 24 Jan 2003 15:40:39 +0000

Now the ONLY other funky think I would love to have - to be able to
initiate an event as soon as the away/night mode button are pressed - and
not have to wait for their completion.

Any ideas ?

G.

Gareth Cook
Technical Consultant
IBM Early Deployment
Lotus Park, Staines, TW18 3AG
Office:  +44 (0) 1784 445 166
Mobile:  +44 (0) 7980 445 166
Fax:      +44 (0) 1784 499 166
Work: g@xxxxxxx
Personal: g@xxxxxxx
AIM Chat : TheBoyG
MSN Chat : chat@xxxxxxx

----- Forwarded by Gareth Cook/UK/IBM on 24/01/2003 15:39 -----

Discussion
Main Topic

"Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
Today 15:34

.
Subject:
.
Re: Fw: [ukha_d] Fw: Comfort plugin
.
Category:

Ah, right, yes I know what you mean now... My setup is exactly the same, -

you get 2 reports of any X10 activity, but as you say the Comfort event
does
not update the X10 device's status in Homeseer, so you don't get 2 event
triggers...

It shouldn't be difficult to make these things selectable... I'll have a
look at a generic selection process for different types of event
reporting...

Paul G.

> [...]
> >
> >Discussion
> >Main Topic
> >
> >"Paul Gordon" <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>
> >Today 14:58
> >
> >.
> >Subject:
> >.
> >RE: [ukha_d] Fw: Comfort plugin
> >.
> >Category:
> >

> > >Any teasers on what to expect? Need any help?
> > >I hope you are going to offer an option to reduce the amount of
logging
> > >to the the Homeseer Event log ;-)
> > >
> > >Michael
> > >

> >Michael,
> >
> >I have already implemented, and mostly tested the following:
> >
> >1- a multi-level logging option. - a registry entry can be set to
control
> >the level of logging to the Homeseer log. The levels are as follows:
> >
> >    0 - none, totally silent (Except for a couple at startup)
> >    1 - normal, standard event logging - same as the current plugin
> >    2 - protocol, Serial protocol logging - logs raw serial I/O details
> >    3 - maximum, program operation logging - logs internal program flow
> >
> >Each level includes the levels below it (so level 3 logs a heck of a
>lot!)
> >
> >2- An option to have the plugin sync the Comfort clock to the PC clock
at
> >every startup.
> >
> >3- a button on the plugin config dialog to sync the Comfort clock to
the
> >PC
> >clock
> >
> >4- Fixed the error that stopped the "About" box from displaying.
> >

> >My remaing item list is as follows:
> >
> >1- Query the state of the panel on startup & set the Homeseer virtual
> >devices to the correct arm state, and zone states.
> >
> >2- Expose a set time device and method to Homeseer so a homeseer event
>may
> >
> >set the Comfort RTC. (so you can schedule it to run at whatever
frequency
> >you want...)
> >
> >3- Retrieve the device strings from Homeseer so that the log shows
device
> >names as well as zone numbers for zone activations.
> >
> >4- Have the Comfort and UCM firmware levels reported to the Homeseer
log
> >on
> >startup.
> >
> >5- Have the plugin report the phone ring event to Homeseer.
> >
> >6- Have input zone activations set the Homeseer device STATUS as well
as
> >the
> >device VALUE - so that Homeseer events can by trigerred by a "Device
> >status
> >change" condition as well as by a "Device value change" condition.
> >

> >That's all I plan to attempt for the time being.... (I'm open to any
>other
> >
> >suggestions though...).  After that Patrick (or me if I feel brave!)
will

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/UKHA_Grouplists/

> >Your use of Yahoo! Groups is subject to
http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/