Re: [VERY OT] VB question...

Paul,

I hope what follows make sense......if not email me off list and I'll send
you an example.

Clive
clivechapman@xxxxxxx

1. Put a label on form with text in it.......if the text is actually a URL
you can make it look like a web link by colouring it blue and underlining
it.  Also change the mouse cursor to a custom type and make it point to an
icon that looks like a hand.

2. Make the following declation in you app somewhere.   (in the declarations
section of the form

Private Declare Function ShellExecute Lib "shell32.dll" Alias
"ShellExecuteA" (ByVal hwnd As Long, ByVal lpOperation As String, ByVal
lpFile As String, ByVal lpParameters As String, ByVal lpDirectory As String,
ByVal nShowCmd As Long) As Long

(The declation above has no doubt been split across a number of
lines.......so you will have to re-construct it)

3. Execute the following call in the Click subroutine of the label.

ShellExecute Me.hwnd, "open", "http://www.bbc.co.uk, "", "", 1

Should launch default browser and goto specified spec'd. URL.

You can do the same with mail.  i.e.

ShellExecute Me.hwnd, "open", "mailto:support@xxxxxxx", "", "", 1

and your default mail application should lanch the compose mail dialog.