Re: [OT] Any Apache Gurus ?

On Tuesday 21 January 2003 11:38 pm, Alex Monaghan wrote:
> I'm running the Apache web server from an out of the box Debian
install
> (just did an upgrade last week, so should be fairly current).
>
> What I'd like to be able to do is to have 2 separate instances using
> different document roots, one will be on port 80 and serve internal
(local
> subnet) requests and the other will be port forwarded to another spare
port
> from my router box for external viewing.

Hmmm... not sure if the VirtualHost apache feature is what you want...
can't
remember if you can have it run on more than one port.

Failing that only way I can really see ATM is running it in a chroot jail,
so
it has totally seperate configuration files/etc and will run two seperate
processes.

If what I just said makes no sense/is rubbish, please forgive me, i've just
been given the lovely task of rebuilding/relocating our server at work
(from
scratch) and I am so tired you would not believe :(

Subscribe:  ukha_d-subscribe@xxxxxxx