Re: Loftbox problem....

> Yeah, I'd got that part figured out. - at least I think I have... the
RF2
> out from the digibox goes via a 1m flylead to the RF2 on the MSWP,
which is
> then connected back to the UHF2 input on the loftbox..
>
> One thing that ocurred to me was that this is only relevant for
distributing
> the sky digibox output right?
No. Connect nothing to UHF2 on the loftbox, and it distributes nothing. It
sends to all
the "TV" outputs exactly what you give it on UHF2.

> - both the terrestrial TV and the FM are
> directly connected to the lotfbox, and their signals should be present
on
> all the room outputs at all times, yes?
No, as above. Actually, I can't confirm about the FM stuff, but I don't
believe so.

> - therefore my kitchen TV should at
> the very least be able to find the terrestrial signals regardless of
what I
> might be doing with the digibox/RF2/UHF2 ports.... Or is my assumption
there
> incorrect? - do those signals go out the "Living room"
output, up to the
> MSWP in the lounge, and back to the loftbox via the RF2 route just
> mentioned? - then I could understand that anything wired incorrectly
in the
> RF2 path would result in no signal at all going out the room ouputs...
Yes. The "Living room" output is just the loftbox way of
multiplexing things for you with
the LNB output so you can then have some other equipment (wall plate plus
sky box) take
out the LNB signal and *add in* the sky signal.

This relies on the sky box being fed the analogue signal as well so that
its RF1/RF2
contains both sky and analogue stuff.

> Or is there a possibility that by having anything wired incorrectly in
> respect of the RF2 signal it could cripple the other signals on the
putput
> ports?
>
> Paul G.
>

> >From: "Paul Robinson" <ukcueman@xxxxxxx>
> >To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
> >Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Loftbox problem....
> >Date: Tue, 23 Dec 2003 11:32:40 -0000
> >
> >Not sure quite how you've connected things, but the intention is
that the
> >RF2 output from
> >your sky box is connected to the UHF2 input on the loftbox.
> >
> >It's this UHF2 input to the loftbox that actually gets distributed
to each
> >of the outputs.
> >If you're getting no signal, it probably means you're not feeding
anything
> >in to UHF2.
> >
> >HTH
> >Paul