RE: Million Pound Property Experiment

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Million Pound Property Experiment
  • From: "Nick Tyson - The Edge" <nick@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:30:39 -0000

Seems there was quite a lot left on the cutting room floor.

One of the latest trade mags (Custom Installer I Think) detailed all the
people from our industry that had worked on the project without charge and
all the companies that had donated equipment.

So I was surprised that there was very little mention of the system, and
staggered that they didn't mention the value of the time, equipment and
materials that had been given free of charge.

If you factor in that other industries may also have been as charitable,
this would have dramatically increased their costs and means that the
profit
they showed was not a realistic represenatation.

I'm sure the companies that participated did so with the most philanthropic
of intentions, but wouldn't be surprised if a few of them feel a bit peeved
that there wasn't a tad more coverage of the system and absolutely no
recognition of what the industry (if not their own companies) had
contributed.

Nick Tyson
The Edge
Tel 01473 288211