RE: Boiler control update and query

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Boiler control update and query
  • From: "Dave McLaughlin" <dave@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 17 Dec 2003 23:30:18 -0000

Hi Brian,

Most boiler controllers use a simple relay contact to provide a 240Vac
signal to the boiler but I may be wrong for some of the newer electronic
systems. Checking the wiring details for your boiler should show how it
works.

The box of tricks I am using is custom made by myself with 3
microcontrollers.

CAN is the network interface that I use to connect the separate parts
together. It is a Controller Area Network that was designed by Robert Bosch
for automotive control systems. Very reliable and fast but limited in the
packet size. Ideal for my control needs as I only need to send a few bytes
anyway.

www.kvaser.se is a good place to start as they have some great technical
details on it there.

Of course you could also us xap or xpl to do the same thing, it all depends
on what you have or can beg borrow or steal :o)

Marks site has a good tutorial on how he wired up his heating to Homevision
and left the original wiring intact.

Regards
Dave...

---
Very funny Scotty, now beam down my clothes!!!
---
http://www.embeddedcomputer.co.uk
http://www.v8carlton.com
---