Re: Fwd: [OT] USB/Firewire 2.5HDD External Casing (urgentish)

Ross McKillop wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> Sorry for the completely random off-topic post but thought of
> everywhere online (excl. eBay which takes forever) this is the sort of
> thing one of you lot might have...
>
> I'm looking for (or to borrow for 1 day!) a 2.5" USB or Firewire
hard
> drive enclosure to recover data from a hard drive from a now-dead
> laptop...  But I need the data rather urgently!
>
> If any of you have one and would be so kind to loan me one it would be
> much appreciated, if you live locally (Glasgow) then even better,
> alternatively where could I get one at a reasonable price quick-ish
> (it'll probably be used this once then sold on eBay)

Ross, this is probably a silly question, but do you really need such an
enclousre for a one off? Obviously I don't know your setup, but all you
need to hook the HD to a normal computer is a 2.5" to 3.5"
adapter ...
of which I have, since one of my specialities is data recovery.

--
Calum Morrell
www.drochaid.org