From: Ian Lowe [mailto:ian@xxxxxxx]
Sent: 14 December 2003 19:57
To: ukha_d
Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Cat 8 Cable

Methinks I smell a nice fat serving of BS (or misplaced irony) on the part
of Digital Home...

Given that the vast majority of offices that we see being constructed are
still getting large quantities of Cat5e installed, CAT6 isn't making much
penetration beyond the "more money than sense" camp.. and
connectix (who,
lets face it, TRAIN most of the structured cabling supliers in the UK)
don't
stock a single component claiming to support CAT7...

I'd reckon that a home with a healthy spread of CAT5e, with good quality
terminations (which over most house distances will happily push Gigabit
Ethernet) would be brilliant..

for the really paranoid, put in CAT6, and throw a couple of strands of
narrowmode fibre in the conduit beside it..

Ian.