RE: Ethernet drive enclosure

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Ethernet drive enclosure
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:58:44 -0000

I think that unit is about £400 a pop and - if I understand correctly - is
the wrong way round for what he was wanting ... I believe that board
"pretends" to be an IDE drive that you connect a network to (and
that "IDE
Drive" then holds whatever its configured to point to on the network)
rather
than being an IDE controller with a network interface.

Phil

authoring
> > > software??
> >
> > Unlikely as the drive would need to be mounted as a local drive
plus
> > transferring data across a network to write to a DVD drive would
really
> not
> > be a sensible move.
> >
> > > I already have the drive so would prefer to only look at the
> > > enclosure on it's own
> >
> > I think if you do find such a unit then £150 worth of DVD ROM and
DVD
> Writer
> > sitting on your desk will be the least of your expense!
> >
> > Phil
> >

> > UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004
> >
> > http://www.automatedhome.co.uk
> > Post message: ukha_d@xxxxxxx