RE: Ethernet drive enclosure

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Ethernet drive enclosure
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 20:34:49 -0000

> Does anybody know where I can source a 2 Drive external enclosure
> that will take an IDE DVD +-RW and a DVD ROM Drive and present an
> ethernet interface.

I don't think that such a unit even exists short of building a PC with the
drives in it and hanging that off the network...

> Also would such a setup be recognised by normal DVD authoring
> software??

Unlikely as the drive would need to be mounted as a local drive plus
transferring data across a network to write to a DVD drive would really not
be a sensible move.

> I already have the drive so would prefer to only look at the
> enclosure on it's own

I think if you do find such a unit then £150 worth of DVD ROM and DVD
Writer
sitting on your desk will be the least of your expense!

Phil