RE: [OT] Interference help please !!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Interference help please !!
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 15:39:38 -0000

> From: Dean Barrett [mailto:dean@xxxxxxx]
> Subject: RE: [ukha_d] [OT] Interference help please !!
>

> Thanks for advice, i shall put it back to developer again. Does
> the DTi have
> people that track radio transmissions ?

At one time (pre BT) all DTI radio interference problems were dealt with by
Post Office Telecomminications enginners but when we became BT plc we were
no longer a governement department and thet work went elsewhere. BT do
still
have investigation teams but as you have stated previously the problem is
internal to the building. I believe all the DTI work is now undertaken by
the Radio Authority http://www.radioauthority.org

One further thought, is anything else running on the same cable. for
instance, although a phone line only needs 3 wires between sockets
(A,B,Bell) you cant run two phone lines over a 6 wire cable as you get
overhearing and other noise induced eg

BLUE/White		Line 1 B Wire
WHITE/Blue		Line 1 A Wire
ORANGE/White	Line 1 Bell Wire
WHITE/Orange	Line 2 Bell Wire
GREEN/White		Line 2 B Wire
WHITE/Green		Line 2 A Wire

will suffer from interference because the bell wires from the two lines are
run on a twisted pair and effectively introduce transformer coupling
between
the two circuits, whereas

BLUE/White		Line 1 B Wire
WHITE/Blue		Line 1 A Wire