[OT] Interference help please !!

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: [OT] Interference help please !!
  • From: "Dean Barrett" <dean@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 12 Dec 2003 14:40:36 -0000

We have a problem in a couple of houses where the customers have
interference on the telephones. Its not a crackle type intereference but a
humming that comes in and out, we believe there may be 3 houses in a row
that are suffering the problem.

We intially thought it was mains born int. from BT's possible trapped
against mains, but the humming continues to pulse in and out without any
power on in the house at all. We then found that adjacent house had exactly
the same problem.

There is no problem on the BT master, so we assume our cables are working
as
Aerials and picking something up.

Has anyone got any suggestions or advice as to what to do next. We have
come
to a dead end, once the power was off we have to assume its coming from
outside. BT checked their underground cable and say nothing wrong.

Could this be some kind of high power transmitter local to it ? - who
checks
for things like this.

The houses are in Hadley Wood, Enfield...

The customers also say there Broadband is affected by it too ??

Any help appreciated.

Regards

Desperate of Milton Keynes (Dean)