Phones and Cat5 Patch (Was: Re: Wiring question...)

Hi All,

Just a quick question that sort of follows on from this, what is the
best/easiest way to distribute phones around the house... I have
incoming lines in node zero (currently just bare ends - no master
socket).

Can I just connect the pair wires across 4 ports on a patch panel (i
dont know if that made sense the way i said it) to create 4 ports that
are all on the same line, and then patch house sockets into this all
with PSTN Master RJ45 -> Phone adaptors

-or-

Would it be better to have a master socket with the three wires coming
out of that (normally for an extension) connected across the patch
panel ports and use regular adaptors?

And is it that simple (daisy-chaining the ports) or do i need some
other way of connecting them to the patch bay..

(the annoying thing is I work with these things all the time at work
but there it all goes through a PABX first, and the incoming lines are
all ISDN30, so it's not a case of applying knowledge there to the home
world ... unless I get ISDN30 installed :P

Thanks
Ross

On 11 Dec 2003, at 10:45, Paul Gordon wrote:

> Thanks Keith...
>
> No problems about the delay, - I have plenty of other stuff to be
> getting on
> with anyway, so I spent that hour wiring up Clipsal faceplates &
> momentary
> switches instead....
>
> I'll finish that faceplate on Friday night....
>
> cheers
>
> Paul G.
>

>> From: Keith Doxey <ukha@xxxxxxx>
>> To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
>> Subject: Re: [ukha_d] Wiring question...
>> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2003 00:12:15 +0000
>>
>> Quoting Paul Gordon <paul_gordon@xxxxxxx>:
>>

>>> So here goes.... Is there (and if so what is it), a convention
for
>>> which
>>> CAT5 cores to use on a BT socket? - and before you ask why I'm
not
>>> just
>>> terminating to an RJ45 socket and using an adapter, it's
because it
>>> is
>> to a
>>> "Multi-Service Wallplate" that's part of the loftbox
setup. - This
>>> has a
>>> pair of normal BT sockets provided as standard, and naturally
I have