From: Shane Harrison
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Sent: Thursday, December 11, 2003 1:58 PM
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Guest Friendly Homes {Scanned for Viruses}

I have a similar system running using Frank's FirM (zoned IR).  I use
Frank's PC interface (design only - I built a vero board version of it)
in combination with the FirM and interfaced it to a PC running LIRC.  My
Misterhouse PC (but could be anything) then talks to LIRC via a socket
connection.

When an IR code is received I also get a zone number.  Nice thing is
that the RX receivers are all the same.

I have an intention to perhaps offload the low level IR decoding to a
PIC in the PC interface rather than have the LIRC PC do that - would be
nice if it was xAP (or xPL?) enabled perhaps.  Problem is of course you
tend to stop developing when it works :-)

Cheers
Shane

switches the TV and
> > Amp on etc
> > etc.
>
> So could you have two X10 house codes running? (running two
> computer interfaces, naturally)
>
> House code A (e.g.) is used by all the controls in the house.
> Each light switch, IR-X10 bridge, and RF control sends
> signals onto 'A'.
>
> House code B is then used solely to control the devices.
>
> The computer sits in the middle and moves messages from A to
> B as and when appropriate. Normally this would be a simple
> COPY(A->B). Occasionally this would be COPY(A->B&C&D)
for
> switching TV, amp and source selector. And occasionally (e.g.
> Mal's bathroom!) it would be COPY(A->B, but only if A hasn't
> been re-pressed in the last 2 seconds). This would give the
> light time to switch on (without guest interuption) and make
> them go "Ooo! it fades up!".
>
> Has anyone tried this?
>
> Steev
>

> UKHA 2004: 15th and 16th May 2004