Re: Tivo vs Sky+

I dont have (but would like) a TiVo, but see below for my Sky+
comments...
--
Ross McKillop
On 10 Dec 2003, at 18:33, Alan Shields wrote:

> 1. how good is the Sky+ equivalent of season pass, can it cope with
> (for instance) an extra episode of coronation street being snuck in at
> 8:30
Series Link, and no it cant (well not in my experience but I dont watch
Coronation Street - neither does SWMBO, it's just Neighbours I get
stuck with :P)

> 2. Can you specify extra time before/after recordings, if so is this
> per program or systemwide?
Yes, Systemwide

> 3. How far ahead does the program guide go.
7 days

> 4. Does it always keep the last half hour so you can rewind on a live
> broadcast?, if so how does this work with the two tuners?
Only on the channel you're 'watching' as live output...

One nice feature I dont think TiVo has, you can enter the EPG without
it being recorded, I dont see how TiVo can do this if it's relying on
the output from the Sky box...

Ross

dangerous content and is believed to be clean