Re: New bedroom advice

>Are these safe to mount without a DIN rail? Or do I need a (rather
>expensive) DIN rail enclosure?

They are very much easier to mount on DIN Rail, but you certainly don't
need
an expensive enclosure, - you can buy bare DIN rail by the metre very
cheaply... (I have paid as little a 49p/metre in the past), and mount the
modules in open air, a-la...

http://paulgordon.homeip.net/bathroom/100-0058_IMG.JPG

>Another question - if I use a Clipsal-style momentary switch, how easy
are
>these to fit to standard blanking plates (I dont like the plain white
>plastic!) by drilling?

Hmm... I would not imagine this to be easy. The holes are an awkward shape,
- squares with rounded corners, and the switch modules snap-in to the
faceplate by way of several latches which would be difficult to replicate
on
a DIY faceplate. It's an intriguing concept though, so do tell if you get
anywhere with this idea...

Paul G.