RE: Serial over Ethernet

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Serial over Ethernet
  • From: "Richard Leslie'Vir'" <r.leslie@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2003 00:10:17 -0000

The below links may be of use

Richard=20

http://www.bb-europe.com/nport_express_module.html

http://www.tibbo.com/index.php?Session_Own=3De1083b7e304be5307984c70791e158=
fe

-----Original Message-----
From: Primo=C5=BE Gabrijel=C3=A8i=C3=A8 [mailto:gabr@xxxxxxx]=20
Sent: 06 December 2003 13:57
To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
Subject: RE: [ukha_d] Serial over Ethernet

> > My colleague is searching for a solution that would enable him
to=20
> > run RS-232 over UTP. Connection only goes through a
>=20
> Take a look here:
>=20
> http://www.zytrax.com/tech/layer_1/cables/tech_rs232.htm#rj45

That is good for using direct (or patched) UTP cable for serial wiring. We
=
have already considered such solution. But this won't create true ethernet
=
traffic and won't give each endpoint a MAC address and because of that
woul=
dn't work across the switch.

///

Nick B, thanks for your offer, I forwarded it to the colleague.

Best regards,
Primoz