RE: Large Storage

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: Large Storage
  • From: "Phil Harris" <phil@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 7 Dec 2003 17:11:12 -0000

> > DVD Decrypter - I just have it extract the entire disc,
> > extras and all, to an ISO image. Have it remove Region coding
> > and RCE (+ macrovision) at the same time.
>
> K, will look for that.

I can email you it if you like but it's easy enough to find...

> > I them use DaemonTools to map the ISO image as a virtual
> > drive and just point player software at the drive ... piece
>
> Yeah, I have that - shame it's limited to 4 drives though.
> All the poxy kids stuff I have for the boys insists on having the CD
> present.
> Sure, daemon tools is easy enough to mount different images, but it's
not
> quite as SWMBO friendly as I'd like.
> Would like to have about 15 virtual drives mounted.....

Well that's easy enough but you'll just have to go against the grain for
UKHA_D and spend some money on a commercial product to do it! :-D

> > of p1ss. (Well, piece of p1ss like that but trying to get a
> > nice front end all working cleanly *AND* get a good s-video
> > output from it isn't quite so straightforward.)
>
> LOL, I feel your pain :)

I doubt you know quite how much pain I've been feeling over this one ... as
the stack of "Yes sir, this one has a really good quality s-video
output
stage" graphics cards is getting a little top heavy on my desk. :-(

Phil