Re: Source of acrylic rod

  • To: ukha_d@xxxxxxx
  • Subject: Re: Source of acrylic rod
  • From: "Graham Howe" <graham@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 04 Dec 2003 11:37:18 -0000

--- In ukha_d@xxxxxxx, "Frank Mc Alinden"
<fmcalind@b...>=20
wrote:
> Sorry you are correct they call them lite pipes.......They are=20
quite cheap ..at 32 cents each...and 25 cents for the coloured=20
caps.......I think the 35mm long pipes should be fine....If they are=20
a little on the shy side then i would cover them in heatshrink with=20
the heat shrink extended to cover the led...I will take some pics=20
later and post them to you .....
>=20

They were much more expensive here, but then the ones I saw were=20
flexible and about 300mm long, over =A32 each!

>  Its a pity i didnt get mine spot on (notice the hv lite pipes are=20
offset)...as the box was $50.00 and the engravers would machine both=20
plates and engrave them for approx another $50.00....
>=20

I haven't even thought about engraving yet, but I want to get HV,=20
Firm, Probes and all power inside a single box. There will be lots of=20
LEDs and the pipes will need to be fairly long.

>  You are installing it in a plastic 1u case ???=20
>=20

Currently I am looking at a metal 3U case from Maplin as I need the=20
height for PSUs and so that I can stack circuit boards on top of each=20
other.

> Dont forget though Graham its going to be mid to late Jan before i=20
will be able to send the Probe kit over....So if you need some sooner=20
let me know ........
>=20

There is no real chance of me starting work on this project until=20
January, but I may well be asking you for measurements of the probe=20
kit if I get round to drilling holes in the case!