RE: [OT] Low profile Firewire card needed

  • To: <ukha_d@xxxxxxx>
  • Subject: RE: [OT] Low profile Firewire card needed
  • From: "Keith Doxey" <ukha@xxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 3 Dec 2003 23:13:14 -0000

I thought about bending the bracket but it wasnt an option for me.

I bought a video editing package that included a card and cable but the
card
was too high and had a socket where the bend in the bracket would be. The
bracket was also riveted to the card rather than screwed which makes it
more
work to modify. I took that back and have since een looking for a low
profile one but the only ones I have seen are around ?60. The whole video
editing package including software, card and cable was ?49!

I will keep looking but as I am planning to upgrade another PC which is
full
height I may just use that machine instead.

Thanks

Keith

Firewire
full height