Patenting...

Hi all,

I'm thinking about patenting something in the area of telecommunications
(faxing). I'm not sure that it's even patentable. I looked a bit on
www.patent.gov.uk <http://www.patent.gov.uk>  and
checked their database. It
seems that I need to find some chartered pated agent and there are quite a
few in central London.

I would like to know if there is someone on the list who actually went
through such process and can give me some hints/tips.

How do these chartered agents charge and how much? Anyone can have any to
recommend?

Any advice is wellcome :-).

Cheers,

Nik